Leveraging The Value Of Your Trademarks
Our trademark lawyers at Wood Herron & Evans are experts at evaluating trademarks, as well as developing strategies to leverage the value of a trademark as an asset of the client’s company or business.
Brand owners bear the responsibility of monitoring their existing brands, enforcing them against infringers, and taking steps to stop or prevent infringing uses. Our experienced attorneys provide guidance with all facets of trademark issues, from clearance investigations to registration at the state, and federal levels, as well as internationally and in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
We serve clients in countries around the world through our vast network of approximately 150 intellectual property agencies in more than 50 countries. The associates employed by those agencies are well-versed in the requirements of the foreign trademark office served, as well as enforcement practices to protect our clients’ brands globally.
Comprehensive Trademark Practice
Our trademark capabilities include:
- U.S. and international trademarks and service marks, including registration, maintenance and enforcement
- Internet domain names, including registration, maintenance and enforcement
- Trade names
- Trade dress
- Registrability opinions
- Infringement opinions
- Licensing agreements
- Trademark due diligence – acquisition and transfer agreements and transfer negotiations
- Resolution of domain name conflicts via Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings and Anti-cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA)
- Unfair competition matters
- Evaluation of and assistance with use of proper markings
- Auditing of trademark portfolios and valuation assessment
We offer our clients a number of added benefits within our firm, including high-level counseling on how to best manage your intellectual property portfolio, in-house design and illustration services as well as IP docket management services.