Wayne L. Jacobs
Wayne L. Jacobs is a Partner with Wood Herron & Evans, having joined the firm in 1990. He is involved in all phases of the firm’s intellectual property practice, although his expertise is concentrated in the areas of mechanical technologies. Wayne’s practice focuses on patent, trademark, and copyright procurement and enforcement, opinions, and client counseling.
Wayne has twice served as a member of Wood Herron & Evans’ Executive Committee, which manages the firm’s operations.
Wayne graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University in 1981. He also received a Master of Science degree in Engineering Mechanics from Southern Methodist University in 1985. He then obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Louisville in 1990.
Prior to attending law school, Wayne was employed for five years by Texas Instruments Defense Systems and Electronics Group, first as a design engineer, and later as a structural analyst performing finite element stress and vibration structural analysis.
Wayne is an active member of the National Lawyers Association, the Ohio and Cincinnati Bar Associations, the American and Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Associations, and the Texas Aggie Bar Association.
Outside of the office Wayne enjoys hunting, fishing, hiking, shooting, weight training, and Krav Maga.
Areas Of Practice
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- Juris Doctor - 1990
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. - 1981
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- M.S. - 1985
- Major: Engineering Mechanics
Professional Associations And Memberships
- The National Lawyers Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Texas Instruments Defense Systems and Electronics Group, Design Engineer
- Texas Instruments Defense Systems and Electronics Group, Structural Analyst
Pro Bono Activities
- Miami Valley Christian Academy, Board of Trustees, Member, 1999 - 2005
- Miami Rifle and Pistol Club, Board of Directors, Member, 2005 - 2007