Louis H. Sitler
Louis Sitler is an Associate with Wood, Herron & Evans and is part of the Mechanical and Aerospace practice group. Louis counsels clients on all aspects of intellectual property law, and primarily focuses on patent matters including U.S., international, and foreign patent preparation and prosecution, as well as patentability, infringement, and clearance investigations. Louis has experience in a variety of technology areas with a primary focus on matters in the mechanical arts.
Prior to joining Wood, Herron & Evans, Louis worked for five years in the pharmaceutical development and manufacturing industry as a process and equipment engineer, and later in operations management.
Louis received his B.S. in mechanical engineering from the University of Dayton, where he graduated with a concentration in renewable energy systems. He earned his J.D. from the University of Dayton School of Law, where he was part of the Program in Law and Technology and served as president of the Intellectual Property Law Society.
Areas Of Practice
- Mechanical & Aerospace
- Trade secrets
- Ohio, 2020
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 2020
- Honors: Leadership Honors Program Graduate
- Honors: Concentration in Law Technology with Honors
- University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio
- B.S. - 2012
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
Professional Associations And Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- International Trademark Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
- CincyIP, Member
- Patheon Pharmaceuticals, Process Engineer, 2012 to 2015
- Patheon Pharmaceuticals, Operations Supervisor, 2015 to 2017